Project: Upgrade of inlet works dry well pumping station.
Client: Severn Trent Water PLC.
Site: Stanley Downton STW Stonehouse Stroud GL10 3QZ
Date: Completed: January 2012.
Initial enquiry –
Remove three off redundant 90kw Sarlin pumps and replace with new free issue Flygt pumps. Retain original pipework and valves. Retain controls (ABB VSD’s) on ground level but remove and do away with local isolators.
Remove three off redundant 90kw Sarlin pumps and replace with new free issue Flygt pumps. Due to dimensional and physical constraints of the original pump house layout and design as well as having to maintain two operational pumps at any time; it was physically not possible to achieve what Severn Trent wanted us to do.
We redesigned the pump house and pipework schematics to achieve a better pipework layout thus achieving greater pumping efficiencies and in turn reduced running costs, less wear and tear etc.
Upon completion of design, it was sent to Flygt for approval which passed with flying colours.
- Retain original valves where possible (all were replaced).
- Design, fabricate, supply and install new pump mounting brackets.
- Design, supply and install new plinths.
- Design, fabricate and install new pipework and supports.
- Retain controls (ABB VSD’s) on ground level but remove and do away with local isolators.
- Value - £111,000.00.